Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm back from the dead

Hello my friends especially Hillary who always checks this blog. Hi Hill! This past August I went to the hospital with pain in my side. Doctors could not figure out what was wrong. Finally they settled on my gallbladder. They took it out, and it really was a bad bladder, but I was still sick. So, they took out my appendix and punctured my bowel. They sent me to Shadyside in Pittsburgh. I was septic. I had poison in my body. They put me on tons of antibiotics which kept me alive. They put an ostomy bag on which saved my life. I was in the hospital seven months and hardly remember alot of it, thank goodness. I had to be on a respirator for a long while. Things were really bad and I almost gave up, but my family and friends were so good to me, they truly kept me alive. The nurses were wonderful. Many times I pulled out my lines and jumped out of bed. I was a bad girl. Today I am getting better everyday. I'm surprised at the progress I've made. Day at a time. A life changing experience I wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm back from the dead. At least that is what my boyfriend Gary says.

a thousand kisses, Jodi
Glad to be back.

No comments: