Monday, September 15, 2008

Arm Graft Problem

Hello friends!

Oh boy.   Not good news.  Trouble in doggie-land.  The arm is on the blink.  After many years, it is ready to be replaced.  My Venus needle did not want to work today, so my treatment was cut short this morning.  Not good for a Monday, but I'll be okay.  

I'm getting ready to call my surgeon, so stay tuned.  To me, it looks and feels like I'm going to need a brand new arm graft.  I've had a total of 4 (in 27 years) in my left arm, and he says there is room for 1 more.  Having a good access makes dialysis so much easier, but when you don't it's a real big pain in the *** you know what.  

Well I better give the doc a call.  I'm procrastinating you know.  Do you do that?  Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it all plays out.  (Hi Mike!).

2 comments:

Maranda22 said...

Hello Aunt Jodi! I love what you have created here. I have learned so much more about you and admire you even more. We could never give you enough credit for dealing with the hand you were dealt so amazingly. Your blog is insightful and a delight to read! I'll be praying for your arm. Keep em' comin'! Love ya. Your niece, Maranda

The Machine & Me said...

Maranda,

Aahhh.... you are soooo sweet. The day you were born I prayed to God to let me live long enough to see you become a woman and my prayer was answered. Love, Aunt Jodi