Thursday, September 18, 2008

Arm Stuff

I have good news about my arm.  Yesterday they were able to place a stint in my graft and strengthen the vein so I can get some more time out of it.  It was a rough day.  I'm really beat today and a tad bit sore, but I went to work.

I work at Curves, an exercise club for women.  Love my job.  Love, love, love my Ladies.  Hey girls, you HOT THANGS!!!

Anyhoo,  I was on the table for 3 hours.  First they took pictures of my right arm.  I'm shocked they got an IV started, because I have no veins.  (Thanks Eileen!)  Second they took pictures of my left arm.  During that procedure the machine went on the blink, so they called a repairman.  Finally they started the angioplasty and the doctor decided to put the stint in.  Things were going great until I got light-headed and almost passed out.  (Sorry Kathy).

After that, things went pretty smooth and next thing I knew I was eating a turkey sandwich and chocolate pudding.  Friday we will use the arm for dialysis, and hopefully it wont hurt anymore.  Okay......that's a wrap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly Dilly, I read all through your blog and cried with what you've gone through and with the joy of just knowing such an amazing woman. Glad to have you as a friend. I look forward to reading more...and I'll keep the tissues handy. LOL
Love you,
Dilly Dilly

The Machine & Me said...

Hey Dilly Dilly,

Don't cry....my life is GOOD!

Silly Dilly