Friday, June 19, 2009

Arm Updates

Hello my dialysis friends and other loved ones. We all have to deal with our grafts, fistulas and catheters which enable us to be hooked to the machine. We have to have them, there is no other way. Mine is giving me trouble and I must go in to have it looked at. They will do the balloon and pop it open. I have a narrow spot at the top that likes to collapse sometimes. I can still have my treatment, but it is very uncomfortable during the run. It aches really bad sorta like a toothache. Next Friday I have an appointment to take care of my arm. To get through this coming week they will stay on one side of my graft and avoid the sore side.

We are lucky they can do this stuff now. It wasn't that easy in the past, believe me.If you want to see some crazy stuff type in the word dialysis and go on a museum tour of the first dialysis machines.Amazing. we've come a long, long way baby.Thank God for the pioneers that have brought us where we are today. What smart people they were. Good for them and us.

I will keep you posted on my arm. In the meantime take care of yours and have a great weekend. Listen to your heart, it's always right.

a hundred hugs and a thousand kisses, Jodi

1 comment:

Tami Weingartner said...

Sorry about your arm....You've been struggling with it for a year. I hope they can get it figured out for you.