Friday, June 12, 2009

smell the flowers

Let me share a touching story with you. A few years ago, my friends, I was having some blood problems. My white cell count was unusually high without explanation. The doctor thought it would be a good idea to have a bone marrow test. I had to go to Pittsburgh to a very nice Cancer clinic. Everybody was top shelf. I was the only one in the waiting room who had hair. All the patients that were there were so brave and beautiful. All of them wore big, happy smiles on their faces. The gals had colorful scarves on their heads. The fellas had on ball caps or nothing at all. Everybody talked and laughed. It was a pleasant and peaceful place, and I will never forget it.

Because I was having trouble finding my way around Pittsburgh a really nice and very cute guy who was a Cancer patient helped me with directions. He was so nice.I think about him alot. He was completely bald, and very sexy.

They took us back to our exam rooms at the same time so I knew he was next door to me. It is so easy to hear through those walls. His doctor came in and I knew it wasn't a good report. The doctor was short on words. My new friend was brave and he really wanted to make it easy for the doctor I think. He said,"just give it to me straight Doc, I really need to know what I got." There was a long pause. A really long pause, and then I heard the doctor softly say to my buddy, "all I can say at this point is....take time to smell the flowers."

I have to sign out now because at this point in the story I loose it.Take time to smell the flowers. Love you, Jodi

No comments: