Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dialysis and exercise

Hello my friends,

As you know I have been a dialysis patient for a very long time. I stopped counting. Anyhoo, the message I want to share with you today is about exercise. I have never been Miss Buff. I've got "padding" in places. I will never wear a bikini...as long as I live.Whatever.

What I try to do everyday is exercise. Not a lot....but a little, believe me, goes a long way. It is The Fountain of Youth.

Stretch everyday for 5 minutes every morning and night. Do a brisk walk daily for at least 20 minutes. Use hand weights 3 times a week to work those muscles. Do other things for fun. Ride a bike, play badmitten, croquet, horseshoes or frisbee. Swimming is a great sport, as well as tennis. Go slowly and do it at your own pace.

I believe in the Curves program and all fitness gyms. Sign up today. You only stand to benefit from them.

Believe me I know how easy it is to want to plop down on the sofa and stay there forever, especially after a treatment. That is not the way to go. Get moving and do a little at a time. Over time you will get stronger and stronger. Your doctors will be amazed and so will you.

Your body was designed to stand upright and propel forward. Just do it. I know you can do it.

Always remember that I love love love....YOU!
Jodi

No comments: