Thursday, July 2, 2009

Arm Update

Hello my dialysis friends,

I had to go and have my arm checked. They ran the dye in and low and behold the doctor said it was anatomically perfect. He could see nothing wrong with it. I was so happy.

The design of my arm makes a sharp hairpin turn under my left armpit. I have a gortex graft. I think the faster bloodflow on the machine makes me have a little discomfort.

I had the girls slow me down from a 350 bloodflow to 300. It really seems to help. I'm sure many of you run at a 500 or more, but I've always went for a kinder, gentler treatment. You know I have been doing this a long time, so this is the secret to my longevity. I also do not do reuse. It's not for me.

Things went well, but I did have a reaction to the dye. I am allergic to many things, this being one of them. Next time I will have to take some steroids and benedril.

Take care of that access. It is the most vital aspect of dialysis. Don't mess around, I mean it! If you wanna live you'll listen to me. Dialysis is bitter sweet.
I'm married to it. Life without parole. The ole ball and chain. I never leave home without it. A blessing and a curse. Can't live with it, can't live without it. The best thing that has ever happened to me,because....I get to live....a little longer.

No comments: