Monday, July 13, 2009

You are what you eat

Hello my dialysis friends. I hope the summer is working well for you. I hope you are safely enjoying all the wonderful festival,fair, picnic, and summer foods.

Remember when you are a dialysis patient "you are what you eat". I see people everyday who come in for their treatments who have overdrank and overate. Next thing I know, they are puking up their guts and cramping. Miserable, miserable, miserable. They do it over and over again. One time for me is all I need.

Sure, I love food and I love to eat, but come on people get real. Eat until you are 80% full and stop. Don't drink too much. I know it's hard but you can do it. If you are a beer drinker, I suggest you get on the wagon completely. You cannot be a dialysis patient and drink beer. You will be dead in a year. Stop smoking too.

Clean all the junk out of your body. Sugar, smoke, alcohol, unnecessary pills, processed foods, fast food, and caffeine. Fill up on nutrient rich food and drink water. Eat food God made. You'll sleep better, poop better and live longer.

Luv Ya, Jodi

1 comment:

John said...

When I was looking for help with dual disorder I didn’t know where to turn. I finally went with this center and they helped me save my life.