Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Friday in July 2010

Hello my friends and welcome to my world. Today is a lovely Friday, with a great weekend ahead. Tomorrow is the annual fireworks festival. It's kinda fun. The display is usually beautiful. The weather is holding out quite nicely, with 100% humidity. These are the summers I remember as a kid. We loved them. We played outside until the streetlights came on. I think about the iceball man who used to come through in his little white truck that had a roof on top. He would yell, "ice a ball...ice a ball." I think he spoke broken English. They were 10 cents apiece. The Mister Softy truck came too, but I liked the ice ball man better. Sometimes we would go to Cascade park to get a lemon ice. Yummy, yummy, yum, yum,yum! I LOVED those. Today they are not the same. Everything today is made from a mix. Back then they used real lemons.Those were the days my friend. My favorite ice cream spot now is Forbush. Really good. Rileys was a cool fun spot. I would jump on the trampolines and hit baseballs or golf balls. They had good ice cream too. The miniature golf course was excellent. I have many good memories of Riley's Funspot. Most of these summer things are gone now, but the memory of these places and events will always be there. What we must do now is find new places and make new memories. Have a fun, fun, summer. A thousand kisses, Jodi

No comments: