Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lawsuit

Hello my friends,

It is no secret that last year was touch and go for me. After a botched up gallbladder surgery I spent a long time in Shadyside intensive care, Kindred Care, and a terrible nursing home called Edison Manor. I was down from August until April. I am amazed I survived, because I fell like a house of cards. I had the domino effect.

I have never sued anyone in my life, but I have decided to sue my doctor for these reasons.

All tolled I lost a year of my life. My hospital bills are staggering. My family and friends spent countless hours at my bedside, during winter snow storms, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years,birthdays,Easter and other parts of life.

My loved ones worried themselves sick, my boyfriend was lost. They were all stressed out. My brother and sister-in-law kept me at their home until I was well enough to go home.

Being away from my new business took it's toll. I sold it a few months after I got back. Finances were scary. I was afraid I was going to loose my apartment, but thanks to my Uncle Vic, it was saved.I am just beginning to get back on my feet.

All of my hair fell out. I wear a wig. It's better than nothing. They had to do a bowel surgery to save my life. I have been wearing a bag for the past year. It is a real struggle. There is more surgery to come. I have to go for testing after Thanksgiving so they can reverse my bag after the holidays. It can be risky, and I will be in the hospital 7 to 10 days with a 6 to 8 week recovery period.

During my stay in the hospital, I was on a respirator. My memory is cloudy. I am still weak, but getting stronger. I lost 30 pounds. I have bad dreams sometimes. I get scared more than I used to. There was an Arab doctor that tortured me really bad.

Walking again took a long time. Steps were tough. I missed my dog and now he goes through separation anxiety. He never did that before. I keep him close.

Five weeks in the nursing home was like a hell beyond a hell. I can't comment, it was that bad.

My body is really beat up. I got alot of war wounds, holes, scars, bruises.

I don't know where things went wrong, but I understand he made some serious surgical errors. I know he didn't do it on purpose, but he took so much from me and my loved ones. I need to think of my future, and taking care of myself. I work a job I love,but that won't last forever. These are some of the reasons for my decision. I'm not a money grubber, I just feel so robbed and violated. My friends, I hope you understand.

Thank you to my wonderful brother,Mike who kept talking to me. Mary, my sister-in-law who made me feel good about myself by doing my nails so nicely. Tina and Dan for loving me so much.Ma, for all her tears and prayers. Donnie and Mar, for carrying the ball all the way down the field. Maranda for taking over at the club.
Marci, my fighter...Patti, a tea party...Maureen, the beautiful,white smile. All the cards,prayers,gifts...Dr.Zeh,Dr.Kaul,Dr.Knapp and his lovely wife,Diane. My nurses,and techs.All the rest of you...you know who you are. There are so many to mention.

This next part is for you Gary...how can I express what you mean to me...the hours you came and stayed...the prayers you said with hands on...you brushed my hair and rubbed my legs and feet with lotion...you held me...you encouraged me...you put up with my crazy moods and the pain medicine, I loved...when I came home I pushed you away and into the arms of others...I was a stranger to you, but you still stayed and loved me...you butted heads with my mom...how brave...thank you for hanging in...I now know I truly love you...we have our moments, but you are the man.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My white teeth are smiling. Nobody makes me feel good about life quite the way you do.
I love you, my friend.
Maur