Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chapter 3 Mom

I enjoyed my childhood very much.  There was always a good time to be had.  My Mother was very domestic.  She cooked and cleaned and washed clothes a lot.  It was great having a mom that was home all the time.  Growing up in the 60's was still good even though times were crazy.  My Mother was a good cook, and we always had lots of food.  Living above the store made that easy.  Mom loved to try out new products and recipes.  We loved fried french fries, so Mom got a Veg-O-Matic.  It didn't work like it did in the commercial.  I think that potato is still stuck in that iron grid thingy.  

My Mom took real good care of us kids, and we were bad too.  We weren't scared of our mom because we knew she was easy.  We were petrified of my Dad, and she would say, "I'm gonna call your father!" or "Wait till your Father gets home!".  There were times when we got the belt.  (We won't go there).  My Mom always felt bad when we got the belt. (We won't go there.)

My Mom has had it tough.  We lost my Dad when she was in her early 30's.  She raised all four of us, and we turned out really very good.  

Kudos to Mom!!!  She always said we are 'her greatest accomplishments'.  I feel very fortunate to have had a good start.  I needed that solid ground for what was to come later.

No comments: