Wednesday, October 1, 2008

EPO

For your information, every Monday, Wednesday & Friday at approximately 10:30 AM, the pathetic yelping and yammering you hear is me receiving my EPO injection.  Like the hot sting of a killer bee, they nail me hard and heavy.  Much as I enjoy complaining about these nasty little pricks, the truth of the matter is, EPO saved my life.  Years ago, there were no drugs to build blood.  Many patients were anemic, so transfusions were quite common during dialysis.  Unfortunately, this only rendered the situation temporarily.  My blood levels were so low, I required a unit of blood every week.  One year, in the midst of the AIDS epidemic, I received 52 blood transfusions.  This was frightening for me, until I heard about an amazing new drug that would produce blood cells.  I could hardly wait for the FDA to approve and release it.  It seemed like forever, but when they finally did, I was first in line.  Immediately, I responded to the injections and have not looked back since.  My blood levels are very good now and transfusions are a thing of the past.  I consider EPO to be a miracle drug.  How great to have the energy healthy blood supplies.  Yes, EPO is an ongoing treatment with explosive results.  It builds new life into the body and although the shots hurt, in the end, it's all good.  Until next time, OUCH!

Your friend, Jodi

1 comment:

Steve said...

This is a great post for anyone that needs help with finding legal advice. I found a malpractice attorney in the Los Angeles area that helped me get to the bottom of my civil suit.