Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Comfort Zone

Getting comfy on dialysis can be tough at times.  Gone are the days of freshly laundered sheets, pillowcases and blankets.  Oh well, these items used to become bleached into transparency anyway.  Happily, the new blankets have arrived along with carrying case and all.  I have found them to be DELUXE and quite capable of keeping us toasty and warm, even while the air conditioner is blasting at a cool 32 degrees.  These temperatures are necessary to prevent meltdown of our beloved caregivers.  Let's keep hot flashes out of this.  None the less, without new super thermal covers, everyone should be content.  For extra added warmth, I find that a blanket and a sheet together, make all the difference.

On the other hand, how about those chairs.  Everyone knows there is no love loss between me and my "chair".  Honest Abe sits more comfortable chair in the Lincoln Memorial.  I admit, I am spoiled from long ago when we all had Lazyboy recliners.  "Those were the days my friend".

All in all, we are lucky to be part of a great unit.  It's fun to kid and complain about the little things, but when it comes to the important stuff, our care is still the tops... "We've come a long way BABY."  Believe me, I know.  I'm a 27 year veteran.

Stay warm...Jodi

No comments: