Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Symphony

I have been working so hard lately, so it was a wonderful change of pace when my very dear friend Maureen (Hi Maur) asked me to go listen to the Pittsburgh Symphony led by Marvin Hamlish. I really enjoy orchestra music, and I needed a break. Little did I know that Maur had other things up her sleeve. Let me explain.

Maureen is an identical twin and growing up a twin has made her very mischievous. She has the face of an innocent little angel, and you would never know how bad this 'high school teacher' is. We almost got thrown out, because Miss Maureen was misbehavin'. I really wanted to just listen to the music. The trouble is when Maur starts doing bad stuff, I do it too. we got to giggling, and making fun of people, to making animal shapes in the spotlight which was right behind our heads. We were in the peanut heaven (2nd balcony). I got dizzy and almost fell over the railing. Thank goodness I didn't have a little nip before we went.

I was really blown away when Maur put a pez dispenser on my knee.
Remember that Seinfeld episode? After intermission she put another Pez dispenser on my knee. She is so bad. I love it. I love her. Getting crammed in the elevator with a bunch of blue-haired old ladies was no picnic either. I hate elevators, and I really don't like them with more than 2 people.

Anyhoo, the symphony was beautiful. The company wonderful. Marvin was Marvelous, and the evening was a side-splitting success. Laughing hard is great for the immune system. The symphony will be back in January. Me and Maur will be there and anyone else who wants to go, let me know. Don't forget your Pez. See you in the second balcony, under the spotlight. Thanks Maureen, Love you. Jodi

2 comments:

Tami Weingartner said...

Hey Jody....

Tag your it. Please check my 10/15 blog for the 6 Quirks Rules.

Embrace your inner freak!

Tami

stacy said...

This article was really helpful, thanks for posting it. When I needed help with
video games addiction I knew that there was help that I could find.